Thursday, April 30, 2009

Gotta keep pushing!

Day 3 of walking and I'm trying to push myself. I'm the type of person who quits as soon as the running gets too hard. You've ever watched NBC's show, "The Biggest Loser"? I would drive those trainers crazy because all that yelling and screaming wouldn't get me moving. I have to find it in myself to say, "Ok, Ty, keep running until you reach the next mailbox. Ok, you've reached that. Now keep running until you reach the next bush." And so forth. That's the only way I could keep running. Don't' get me wrong, I didn't run around the whole neighborhood, or even a third of it, but I did run. I even ran up the biggest hill in the neighborhood and a little beyond that. I'm pretty happy with myself.

Yesterday, after talking with my girl, Steph, and watching The Biggest Loser, I decided that I have got to push myself a little bit more. So what I've incorporated into my exercise is to run a type of circuit at home. After I walked around the neighborhood today, I ran up the driveway, did 20 jumping jacks, ran down and back up, did 15 lunges, and ran down and up (barely) and did 20 more jumping jacks. Talk about sweating and breathing heavy! I'm going to try to do that every time I walk and also add some more things like jumping rope, push ups, squats and whatever other form of torture Steph can think of.

I wore my pedometer for the first time today. I got it awhile back but haven't worn it because it was stuck on Kilometers and I don't know how to compute that. Once I found the instructions and got it back to miles, I found out that my walk is just shy of a mile! All of that work, huffing and puffing and I haven't even walked a mile. UGH! So now I've gotta kick it up a notch and go walking in the other part of the neighborhood. But I'm not too upset. A mile is a good place to start. I can't expect to walk 5 miles on the first day. So for my next walk, who knows how far I'll go or where I'll end up. I just don't want to get too far and have to call my hubby and tell him, "Honey, pack up the kids in the van and come and get me!"

I don't always watch The Biggest Loser, but these people are inspiring. They make me want to cry during most of the show. Like the Biggest Loser, I'm thinking of taking some pictures in my sports bra and shorts and publishing them on my blog. Not sure if I want the whole world (whoever does read this blog) to see all my rolls and such. I'll take the pictures before there's any change so at least I'll have them as a reference even if I don't publish them. I've also decided not to get on the scale very often either. I got on it recently and was very disappointed. I shouldn't have been surprised because I hadn't worked out in a week or so, but it still hurt my feelings. I'll just wait until I feel a difference in my clothes, then maybe I'll step on the scale.

Oh well, keep pushing y'all.

No comments: